As marketing evolves and changes, so does the future of marketing.
I should also mention that I am a marketer for small to medium-sized businesses as well as a global organization, thus I need to stay on top of current and future marketing trends and/or technologies as they relate specifically to B2B marketers like myself.
These are the top five marketing trends that I believe will impact B2B marketing moving forward.
- Emphasis on marketing automation platforms and use of new technologies like AI, Machine Learning, Voice Search etc. It’s not just about having an email marketing platform but rather how you can optimize your emails for higher open rates through personalization and segmentation.
- Content marketing is not going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, it’s become even more important in 2022 and beyond as we see that less people are engaging with ads like they did before (think Facebook Ads for example). This doesn’t mean you can just produce random content but rather think about how your B2B marketing strategy can incorporate content marketing.
- Social media is still extremely important and will continue to be although not for the sake of driving traffic or leads but rather to engage with your audience on B2B social media platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter etc.
- Higher focus on video marketing (both live streaming and prerecorded) because people like to see and hear what you have to say instead of just reading words.
- The line between marketing and customer service is starting to blur as marketing starts taking on more responsibilities when it comes down to overall brand satisfaction, retention etc. This means that a marketer’s role will start becoming even more important in the B2B world going forward.
There you have it; these are the top marketing trends coming up for B2B marketing in 2022. Stay tuned as I will be writing more about important aspects of marketing to help move organizations forward.