Start planning your FY 2018 SAFER Grant application now by reviewing the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), and Economic Hardship Waivers Information Bulletin (IB), and technical assistance tools below. These tools were produced specifically to help potential applicants begin to plan their 2018 applications ahead of the application period. The tools can be viewed on the AFG website or downloaded to your computer.
- Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
- Economic Hardship Waivers
- SAFER Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)Application Checklist – This checklist will help you prepare your SAFER grant application
- Self-Evaluation –Hiring of Firefighters – Career, combination, and volunteer fire departments
- Self-Evaluation – Recruitment and Retention – Fire Departments – Combination and volunteer fire departments
- Self-Evaluation – Recruitment and Retention – Interest Organizations – National, State, Local, or Tribal Volunteer Firefighters Interest Organizations
- Recruitment and Retention – Request Details Description Instructions – This document will provide Recruitment and Retention applicants with a list of the categories and sub-category available in the application as well as information on the level of details needed for each budget line item.
SAFER Grants Help Desk:If you have questions about the technical assistance tools listed below, call or e-mail the SAFER Grants help Desk. The toll-free number is 1-866-274-0960; the e-mail address for questions is email@example.com.