Here’s a great summary of email marketing, along with tips and tricks supported by data.
Take a look at the full article.
I’ve always made email marketing a major component as part of my integrated marketing fusion approach. Specifically for B2B audiences, this is integral. As I outlined in my article, Marketing Trends to Embrace Moving into 2023, I specifically talk about personalization which also needs to be incorporated into your email marketing programs and campaigns.
Some of my key takeaways and other personal opinions on email marketing
- Email marketing frequency depends on your target audience – What do they expect? Is there an industry standard?
- Make the content valuable – don’t just email them for the sake of emailing them. Everybody’s busy so make your content count.
- Watch your metrics and ROI.
- I’d definitely go with a double opt-in for list growth (mandatory in Europe and UK). It’ll keep your list clean.
- A/B testing – give it a shot with a small sample and see where you get the largest response, then revise and send to your entire list.
- Repetition – One-shot emails are not nearly as effective as a 3-5x campaign. Can you break your content into several “bites” of information that you can send over a 2–3-week period?
- Brand & strategy – Does your email campaign support your overall brand and strategy? If not, your email campaign is “off” and needs adjustment.
- Plan ahead – Don’t rush things as you get ideas, take your time and incorporate your ideas into your content strategy.
Read the full article and let me know your thoughts and takeaways below.